Human Resource GeneralistALL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Human Resources: The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for all functional areas of a Human Resource department at both Story Distributing and Story Transportation, which includes recruitment, pre-employment, new hire, employee relations, personnel records, job descriptions, Casey’s Corner payroll and other duties as assigned. This position is the face of Human Resources and must emanate a high level of interpersonal skill and customer service in person and on the telephone. Must be highly confidential and follow human resource protocols, policies, and procedures.
JOB DUTIES: The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for the administrative support in functional areas of a Human Resource department at Story Distributing and Story Transportation, which may include recruitment, pre-employment, new hire, employee relations, personnel records, job descriptions, compensation and other duties as assigned. This position is the face of Human Resources and must emanate a high level of interpersonal skill and customer service in person and on the telephone. Must be highly confidential and follow human resource protocols, policies, and procedures.
Marketing Assistant: Assist Marketing Directors as needed.
- Strategically partner with the executive team to meet company objectives
- Manage direct report in the completion of bi-weekly payroll
- Administer employee benefits
- Create leadership development programs and arrange employee trainings
- Handle recruiting, onboarding and offboarding
- Handle employee relations and performance management and liaise with outside employment counsel
- Draft employment-related policies, templates and forms
- Manage payroll for all Casey’s Corner stores; maintain employee records
- Partner with marketing and admin teams in organizing retreat/events
- Manage workers’ compensation claims
- Create efficiencies in the department and mature the HR function
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality
The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and department support related tasks and will be able to work independently with little supervision. This person must be well organized, flexible, and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a small office of diverse people and programs. The ability to interact with staff in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role. Strong decision-making ability and attention to detail are equally important.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Must possess a positive attitude
- A highly professional demeanor, as well as a high level of discretion and sound judgment, is required for this position
- Must integrate company values throughout all interactions College degree preferred, high school diploma or equivalent required
- 2+ years’ experience as an HR generalist and/or HR manager with a demonstrated track record of assuming increased responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred
- College degree preferred, high school diploma or equivalent required
- Working knowledge of Montana labor laws
- Mature, professional business sense
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work successfully with a variety of personalities at all levels of the company
All positions may perform additional duties as assigned based on business needs that may be outside the scope of normal functions of this position.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors.
- Position requires walking and giving direction most of the working day.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.